Sunday, March 27, 2016

Girlie Grunge Easter Eggs by Donna Salazar

Happy Easter everyone!!! Whether you celebrate today by going to church or doing an egg hunt... or maybe by doing both, I hope that you have a blessed day and that you are surrounded by the people you love the most!!! 


I've got some Girlie Grunge Easter eggs to share with you today. I purchased some craft eggs from Michael's so that I can keep these to decorate next year too. All the eggs were made with my new Girlie Grunge Art Medium and my Pigment Powders from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® but I also used some of my Mix'd Media Inx from Colorbox® on a few as well.


I decoupaged a couple of the eggs then added the Pigment Powder over the damp Art Medium. When you burnish the Pigment Powder over the damp Art Medium it really makes it shine. I've talked a bit about it in the video of my DIY Doily Bowls. On one of the decoupaged eggs I added the Pigment Powder into some Art Medium watered down by half with a bit of blue Pigment Powder in the mix then used that to decoupage the egg. 


I normally don't decorate my kitchen table for anything other than Thanksgiving/Fall and Christmas/Winter but I decided to do an Easter/Spring theme this year as well. I think I'm going to keep doing this theme and will add in a cross and more Eastery stuff next year. 


Product used:
Pigment Powder - Gold, Blue, Pink

Mix'd Media Inx - Wisteria, Petals, Chiffon, Berries, Patina, Indigo


And PLEASE go to my blog post with info about my application to be the next #homeandfamilyDIYstar if you haven't seen it yet!!! I could REALLY use your help in getting my DREAM JOB!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Smooches ~D~

No comments:

Post a Comment